March 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes on Valentine's Day for our staff retreat. I was experimenting with the new icing dye and icing tips I received as a wedding gift - as you can tell, I need a lot of practice! (I also can't figure out how to flip the pictures on here - sorry).


The cupcakes themselves are peanut-butter filled chocolate cupcakes. I got a recipe from Women's Day magazine, and was not very impressed (therefore I will not be posting it here!) I am hoping to try more peanut butter/chocolate cupcake combinations in the near future that will hopefully be more successful. These would receive a "C" grade. I even had to dump all of the frosting and make my own. I'll post the recipes for more successful cupcakes endeavors, but I did want to share the pictures. I look at these as a good "starting point" - so hopefully as I improve, I can look back and see how far I've come.:-)

4 comments:

  1. Those are super cute!! And... mmmm... PM and chocolate cupcakes? how could that go wrong? I'm confused ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just wish I could eat every single one of those fabulous cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way - you're efforts and A+ in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother-in-lawMarch 16, 2010 at 9:37 PM

    I love your baking - the scrabble ones were delicious! And I'm just glad I don't live closer or the diet would be toast!! (and you frost way better than I do!)

    ReplyDelete