March 15, 2010

Scrabble Cupcakes

In honor of the first official Fedchak Family Game Night, I combined my two favorite things: cupcakes, and Scrabble. However, since the ideas I had in my head don't come out quite like I imagine on cupcakes, I'll clearly have to host another game night to get more practice in. These cupcakes were vanilla cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting. The cupcake recipe was a tried-and-true recipe I'll be posting up soon. The dark chocolate recipe was my attempt to improvise a decent milk chocolate frosting into dark chocolate. Unfortunately, the recipe calls for a lot of milk, so the dark chocolate was hard to taste. I'm working on revising it and when I find a successful combination, I'll be sure to post it!


As for the frosting, I made a cupcake with the initial of each person attending game night, and then aligned them by couples (Rebecca & Tim, Sherry & David, Jenna & Jon, and then myself & D). Then I just played with my fun frosting tips to get more experience with them. The white frosting was a bit cold, so it was hard to work with. Next time, I'll make sure it's at room temp before before attempting any decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment