August 10, 2010

Guiness Cookies

 
Guiness Cookies
I found this recipe on another blog, so instead of re-writing it I am just going to post the link. These cookies were dark and rich, with a Guinness bitter flavor afterward. My husband, who is not a fan of Guinness, did not like these cookies at all. Our other friends, who love the beer, thought they were amazing. I agree with them. These are great for that "something different" if you're tired of same-old chocolate chip. The cookies are chewy and full of flavor. They got a lot bigger than I expected, but it might have been the baking sheets I have (sometimes they cause cookies to flatten out more than I expect.) The hardest part of this recipe was reducing the beer - it took a lot longer than the recipe says (maybe I'm just an idiot), but once it finally finished it was exactly 1/3 cup, just what I needed.


Here's the link to the other (better) blog that has the recipe:

I sprinkled mine with a bit of powdered sugar, just for fun.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found your post 'cause a few of your readers clicked through to my blog, and I'm glad the cookies came out okay (if a little flat)! If you happen to make them again, maybe toss in a full 1/2 teaspoon (or even a scant 1 teaspoon, it won't really hurt) of baking powder or soda, depending on what kind of cocoa you're using. Iiii should actually recommend using that much on my blog. Thanks for reading & linking & baking & enjoying!

    ReplyDelete